Yes we can!-John Smith
September 2007
Although my goal is to register as many Democrats as possible, I will be happy each time someone registers, even if it is for a different political party. I will be starting from my home town, Davis, CA. I am still working out the details, but so far it looks like I will be driving to the following destinations: Salem, Oregon, Olympia, Washington, Twin Falls, Idaho, Rock Springs, Wyoming, Pueblo, Colorado, Dodge City, Kansas, Guyman, Oklahoma, Waco, Texas, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Greenville, Mississippi, Huntersville, Alabama, Nashville, Tennessee, St. Louis, Missouri, Frankfort, Kentucky, Raleigh, North Carolina, Richmond, Virginia, and Washington D.C. Click on this link to see my my planned route.
I hope to make a difference in this upcoming election. If you don’t vote for Obama, that’s fine, as long as you vote!
Period 3
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your graduation! Your family must be so proud! I was inspired by your post and your obvious dedication not only to helping Obama get elected, but also to organizing voter registration at the grass roots level. As an Illinois volunteer, in the Obama campaign, I was sent to Davenport, IA to do this work and found it most rewarding. Since I work full time as a high school librarian, the amount of time I could contribute to volunteering was limited and I was only available on weekends. However, if circumstances were different, I would have loved to travel cross country, teaming up with a young energetic person like yourself, learning more about people and our country. I believe each one of us makes a difference - as you wish- because as Obama has said: “By acting together, we can overcome the obstacles that for too long have prevented real change on the critical issues that Americans face day in and day out.” Thanks for your work!