Monday, December 14, 2009

Argon's Pilgrimage to the Hajj

Hello! My name is Sargon, and I am 29 years old. I have a wife named Sabeen. I also have three children, who will be accompanying us on this once in a lifetime Hajj journey. I am a merchant, so I am not high in the social class. I make enough income to support my family, and make ends meet. It is 2003, and I live in my country of Syria. I have been a devout Sunni Muslim since birth, and God is truly my first priority. The Hajj ritual has been performed since the time of Father Abraham, and I am thrilled and honored to follow in his footsteps. I am very anxious to complete the final pillar of Islam, the pilgrimage to Mecca. It will be my first time making the sacred journey, and I have heard such moving and inspirational things about the journey. I am not forced to go, but I feel it is my responsibility to myself and to God as a Muslim. I would have liked to have gone before, or even go again, but money is tight, so I will make the best of this trip. My children will be obligated to go again, since they are not passed puberty. We will fly to Saudi Arabia first in a few weeks, then travel on foot with the millions of other Mulsims searching for their individual relationships with God. Once my family and I arrive in Mecca, I will participate in the follow steps: Ihram, Umrah, Mina, Araft, Muzdalfah, Proceed to Mina, Tawalf al Ifhada, Return to Mina, Farewell Tawaf, and then finally go home. I hope this trip will be everything I have imagined it to be and more, as I pledge myself eternally to God, Allah. One of the sights I am most eager to see Masjid al-Haram mosque, where all of the Muslims gather as a strong community. I also truly hope my children are able to grasp the severity and impact of this journey, and feel different afterward. I just can not wait until we go-only a few weeks. I will write soon, and I am sure I will have tons of exciting news and details of my pilgrimage!

Thanks,

Argon.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like it will be a very interesting trip! It is good that you can afford to make this trip, because it will be a lifetime experience. Even though it may be crowded with many other Muslims who are building their relationships with Allah, this pilgrimage will definitely be a worthwhile experience when you get to see the famous mosque itself for the first time. Good luck with you and your family!

    –Rachel J.
    Period 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this trip seems very intriguing due to the great spiritual and religious level it is on. Argon and his family luckily can afford to go and know to make this once in a lifetime journey worth while. They also are taking it very seriously which is a good thing since it is a serious journey searching for a relationship with God Allah. Due to this aspect it would be very worthwhile to go with them knowing it was an important trip in one persons life and shouldnt be taken as a joke.
    Allison G.
    Period 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a nice trip, both for you, and your family. It is amazing how far religion can take a person. The fact that money was saved up to take this trip was great. You seem like a good, efficient, organized person, and it would be very fun to take a trip like this with you. Good luck finding your own relation with Allah!

    Iana P
    Period 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I'm Wen Liu and I would love to join your trip. I like how you are taking your family because I think I can get even a braoder understanding with more people, who are also different ages talking about their religion. I think it great that you are a merchant, yet still working hard enought to support your family and take them on the spirtual journey, which you describe as being very intreging to me, thus wanting to learn more about it. I think it really shows in your post just how passionate you are about your religion! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would defiantly take this trip with you. You seem like a nice family man who would have some fun with my company. Sadly i am not Muslim so it would be difficult to understand what is going on. I would be serious at times when you were really connected with Allah but friendly and fun when not. This is by JAck Mangan i lost my username

    ReplyDelete