Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On My Way To The Top

Well I Afran am in the middle of my long journey. I have been to the Albaha city, the Taif city, and the Abha city. All such wonderful small towns. I am in the process of finishing one of the five pillars, the pillar of pilgramage to the Hajj. I have met many others taking the same journey as I am, including a young woman around my age that seems really nice and friendly. I have seen th al-masjid, al-haram (the holy mosque), and the prophet's mosque. I got lost for a few days with my new friend, which meant that we would need to walk fast in order to get back on schedual. All the people here seem to be really rich, which I am not, so I am not used to their lifestyle. They use halala for their currency which is the same as what I use, so that is nice. In all the art galleries I have been to I have seen the deep details that they put into every part of their work. They show such care in everything they do. They also prey five times a day, which is what I am used to so I have fit in well with that. Well I better get going, but I will wright again soon.

This is the al-masjid that I visited and stayed at for two days.
. This is my family, I miss them so much.

4 comments:

  1. Response

    I would take the same trip that Afran is taking now. I wouldn't take this trip for the religious purposes, I would take it for the experience. Venturing to a new continent, meeting people who are similar and different from me. Also, looking at the culture of this region, while looking at their ways of expression. Alfran has a picture of the al-masjid where she stayed; i would enjoy venturing on the same trip as her and looking, or even staying in some of the same beautiful buildings. Also, Afran mentioned how she went to look at artwork, I think that activities similar to this, would give me a better understanding about the new people I am meeting, and their culture. Furthermore, I would take the same trip as Afran, not for all the same purposes, but to explore a new area of the world.

    Margo S. Per 9

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to take the same trip that Afran is taking. Although do not practice the religion that she does, it would be awesome to know what their culture is like and their traditions. As Afran, if I were to take this trip, I would like to take it with friends so if I get lost as Afran did in the new cities, I can have other people accompaning me and we could work together to figure things out. From the description that Afran wrote, it seems like the new places she has visited are highly connected with art and detail, almost as if it connects them more closely to their religion. This trip seems like it would be a wonderful experience to learn about the new religion and culture.

    Mary G
    Period 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely take the same trip as Afran. I would not be taking it for the religious aspect but for the chance to observe a religion that i do not know much about. It seems as if they had a lot of fun and met some really great people. The place that they traveled to sound amazing and i would not mind at all visiting them in the future. I have heard before that the art is great there but to see it first hand would be a completely different experience.

    Rachel Erdman
    period 2

    ReplyDelete