Hello Friends!
I am so honored to share with you the sacred pillar of pilgrimage. I am a changed man. I feel deeply tied to God and I feel as if my Muslim brothers and sisters are connected through a huge community of faith and devotion to Allah. My wife feels the same way, and I do believe my children have a new sense of how vital religion is to their lives. Having the small children (my smallest is 5 years old) proved itself to be a challenge, but well worth it. It was many harms difficult to have them focus on their prayers, but in the end, they learned so many valuable lessons about the Islamic faith. When the are
matured, and take the pilgrimage for another time, they will understand the pillar. Prayer was the focus of our trip, and through prayer my family and I experienced so much. Along with prayer, we performed some of the following rituals. We circled the Ka'aba seven times, counter clockwise of course, at the gorgeous Great Mosque. (Shown to the left)The mosque was jaw-dropping beautiful, and I will work so hard to earn money to see that mosque again. Unfortuately, I was not able to touch the Black Stone, which is a metiorite from heaven, because it was far too crowded for the children. On the ninth day, we went to Arafat, which is outside of Mecca, and listened to an amazing sermon.(Shown below). This is where Muhammad gave his final sermon, and this sermon was wonderful. It was inspiring, and it truly made me want to be a better Muslim. I believe the people arou
nd us thought the same. I also got the chance to throw seventy pebbles at a place where Satan is believed to be. My wife and I found this a to be a great experience. On of the most dramatic rituals was the sacrifice at Mina. It was in honor of when Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son in the name of God. We sacrificed a goat, and I felt the spirit of Abraham. Our stay in Saudi Arabia did not have any problems. The Saudi Arabian government is a monarchy, and that did not cause any problems. The currency is the riyal, and although we did not have much of it, it funded our trip. All of the people we met were pleasant, and willing to talk, no matter social status. The trip emphasized the importance of equality in God's eyes. It was truly the trip of a lifetime. I hope I can go again. Thank you.
matured, and take the pilgrimage for another time, they will understand the pillar. Prayer was the focus of our trip, and through prayer my family and I experienced so much. Along with prayer, we performed some of the following rituals. We circled the Ka'aba seven times, counter clockwise of course, at the gorgeous Great Mosque. (Shown to the left)The mosque was jaw-dropping beautiful, and I will work so hard to earn money to see that mosque again. Unfortuately, I was not able to touch the Black Stone, which is a metiorite from heaven, because it was far too crowded for the children. On the ninth day, we went to Arafat, which is outside of Mecca, and listened to an amazing sermon.(Shown below). This is where Muhammad gave his final sermon, and this sermon was wonderful. It was inspiring, and it truly made me want to be a better Muslim. I believe the people arou
nd us thought the same. I also got the chance to throw seventy pebbles at a place where Satan is believed to be. My wife and I found this a to be a great experience. On of the most dramatic rituals was the sacrifice at Mina. It was in honor of when Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son in the name of God. We sacrificed a goat, and I felt the spirit of Abraham. Our stay in Saudi Arabia did not have any problems. The Saudi Arabian government is a monarchy, and that did not cause any problems. The currency is the riyal, and although we did not have much of it, it funded our trip. All of the people we met were pleasant, and willing to talk, no matter social status. The trip emphasized the importance of equality in God's eyes. It was truly the trip of a lifetime. I hope I can go again. Thank you. Argon.
Wow, the trip sounds amazing. I wouldn't go on a pilgrimage to Mecca because I'm not of the Islamic faith. But, I would like to have the chance to take a trip where I would have a similar reaction. To feel so connected and inspired can be life-changing.
ReplyDeleteAlthough, as much as I would love my kids, I don't think I'd take them with at that young of an age. Not to sound selfish, but I wouldn't want to be limited by their presence. Not being able to touch a religious landmark like the Black Stone because of them would be quite disappointing. Also, who knows if they could really understand what was happening or if they'll remember it when they're older.
Your trip sounds amazing, and I'd like to experience something similar, just under slightly different circumstances.
Rebecca G.-9
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI would most defiantly take this same trip to Mecca if I was of the Islamic faith. But even though I am not of the religion i might take the trip for more of a fascination and learning more about the religion and its history than for more of spiritual purposes with the God Allah. I would like to experience in person the journey one goes through there and how it can be life changing and almost inspirational. All the paces that were visited had a deep connection with Muhammad and the Koran.On that level it makes this trip very curious to one not of that faith and I would then like to learn more about it and its traditions.
ReplyDeleteAllison G.
Period 1
Response
ReplyDeleteI would take the same trip as Argon to Mecca. The way I empictured Mecca through Argon's writing, is a wonderful place filled with empowered people. I would enjoy seeing the 'Great Mosque'. If a building is described as 'jaw-dropping gorgeous,' I feel like I should eventually see this mosque in my lifetime. Although, this trip seems that much of the greatness is from a religious experience. Even though I am not Muslim, I think I could enjoy some of their religious procedures, like the throwing of pebbles. Furthermore, I would travel to Mecca, just like Argon, and try to get close to the amount of enjoyment Argon got from this journey.
Margo S. Period 9
Hello its Wen Liu and I an enthusiastic to have learned just how well your trip went, as I hoped it would. It is very uplifting to know how you and your wife felt a deep connection throught your experience of Hajj. And what really excites me is how you say, you believe your kids even felt a connection. You describe you journey with so much passion I can really immagine how you must have felt. You also tell your story so well, I feel I was their experienceing and learning about the Hajj with your family. Again, I'm very happy all went well for you!
ReplyDeleteI would definitely like to go on this trip. I've attended a couple Sermons at mosques, but being in Mecca hearing one would be amazing. I also hear Mecca is just beautiful and I always like going to new places of worship, myself not being tied down by religion, I just like learning the beliefs of a religion, maybe taking one up and just enjoying the diversity of our beliefs. Also the whole throwing rocks at the Satan place sounds fun.
ReplyDeleteJacob N
Period 9
I would like to travel with you, it seems like it would be fun to visit mecca and all the holy sights. But when we go we will make sure that we touch the rock after you pray. i feel like it would be a great ending for a better beggining. I look forward to traveling with you
ReplyDelete