Friday, December 25, 2009

Blog Post 1- Shareffes trip to Mecca



Hello I am Maliek Shareff Nadar and i am a 36 year old muslim that now lives in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I live in an apartment with my old frat buddy Paul. (Our apartment, its kind of messy because only two guys live there.)
Paul and I are both sucssesful poker players. We are the 3rd and 4th best in all of Saudi Arabia.
In the past 3 years I have ecumulated enough money to send my mother and I to Mecca. My sponsor "Card Shark" says that because this is a religous pilgramage
I wont be dropped and will still receive my sponsorship paycheck. I will fly to my mothers in Jiddah, Saudi Arabia, then we will leave on December 10th, we will hopefully bus to Mecca which is 45 miles away. I am dieing to to see the most important holy building for my people, the Dome of the Rock. (Paul took the picture on the left when he traveled to Mecca last year.)
My mother and I also plan on seeing mosques the Madinah, birthplace of Muhammad, the Mount of Mercy, and finally the small town of Mina. This will not only fulfill some of my duties of being a muslim but also make for a very good vacation.

5 comments:

  1. I would enjoy traveling with Mallek. He seems like an interesting person and would have lots of good stories to tell.It would be fun to see the holy sites with him and travel through Saudi-Arabia with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love traveling with Maliek. He is rich and I am sure my travel time would go smoothly. Even though I am not Muslim I would still enjoy seeing their holy buildings because they are great works of architecture. I am also a poker player so I would enjoy spending time with one of the best poker players in Saudi Arabi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would have fun traveling with you because it sounds like a interesting place to visit, also you seem to have everything thought out, so I can trust you for the travel details. I also find it interesting how you are one of the best poker players. Everything would seem to go with out a bump. I look forward to traveling with you to the muslim holy sights in mecca and such, all sounds exiting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would take this trip because it sounds fun. It would also be cool if I could get a couple pointers on how to become a succesful poker player. It would be cool going to all of the mosques and seeing the different things around that area.


    Joey R. period 9

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, i would take this trip bc it seems enjoyable and shareef seems like an intersting person from playing poker that would be fun to travel with because he is planning to visit many memorable places that look cool

    ReplyDelete