Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Beginning my Expedition

Hello. My name is Afran meaning happiness. I have turned 31 last month and am beginning my expedition. It is the year 2007. I being a mid class sunni muslim must take the sacred journey to the Hajj at least once in my lifetime and I have chosen now. I live in Saudi Arabia along with many other muslims, and I will be taking this trip with a few of my closer friends. I am a housekeeper and just saved up enough money to start my trip. This trip can cost up to thousands of dollars a night. I will be beginning my journey on January 1st, and should return by march 5th, and I am so excited. I plan to travel from my home by foot to the Mecca, where I will then do the sacred tradition of the Hajj rout. Throughout the twelve days I will work to do everything correctly. After my route is complete I will head home and return to my family. I know I will miss my husband and my three daughters but, I am so excited, I leave in only one week!


This is the route I will be traveling throughout my journey.

pastedGraphic.pdf


This is a picture of my husband and three kids hands all together, a moment I will never forget.


Julia Ulrich p.1

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I would love to travel with Afran. He seems to be a very healthy and noce guy to travel with. Afran also seems to be very prepared for his trip and enthusiastic for his Hajj journey. He seems to know alot about the journey and has prepared himself accordingly. For example, he was sure to save up enough money for his trip. Finally, he seems like he is taking the Hajj journey for all of the right reasons.

    Emily V.
    Period 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Response

    On this journey Afran is taking, I wouldn't travel with her. Although she sounds like a well-rounded and adventurous person, I feel tht we are to different. She is a religious person, and I am not as religious as she is. Also, she is a 31 year old women, and I am only 14. I feel like it would be difficult to start up a conversation because of the age and interest difference. Lastly, she is a mother, and I am not. Which could mean we have completely different outlooks on life. Therefore, I feel that adds to the amount of differences that we would have. If I wanted to travel with someone, I would with someone my age and maybe someone with similar interests. Furthermore, I wouldn't travel with Afran because of our difference, even though she seems like a caring lady.

    Margo S. Per 9

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely travel with Afran. Even I do not celebrate the same religion as she does, it seems like she would be a very safe and educated woman to travel with. From the looks of this post, it seems as though Afran is very prepared for this trip, making sure she has saved enough money up and knows which route she will take to get to Mecca. The only thing I worry about is the amount of time that I have to spend away from my family, as Afran said that she is planning to leave on January first, and return on March fifth, which is more than three months away from home. Therefore it might be easier to travel a different way then on foot.

    Mary Grant
    Period 1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afran seems very prepared for this trip, and knows what she is doing. I would travel with Afran for that reason, and also I would feel safe with Afran, because she is a mother, she must be a kind woman who takes care of people. The only downside would be that she is traveling for religious purposes, and I would not be. Other than that, I think that this would be a very fun, challenging trip, which we would be prepared for and successfully complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would probably not travel with Afran on this trip. She seems very organized, and already has her trip planed out. If I were to go on a trip like this one, I would want to have lots of flexibility to do things spur of the moment. Also, she plans to travel most of the trip on foot. This could prove to be problematic, because it is an inefficient use of time. Finally, traveling on the road is dangerous, and Afran plans to go alone. Traveling alone would make or with just one other person might make us prone to robberies along the way.

    ReplyDelete