Monday, October 19, 2009

May 18, 177 B.C

I can’t believe that it has only been a year since I left my family.  After my year of traveling, I visited many countries including Fergana, Persia, Iraq, Egypt, and India.  On my travels I met a man named Wang Wu. Wang is different than other Chinese men; he also believes that women should be equal to men so therefore treats me with respect. I couldn’t ask for anything more. We fell in love and are now married. Wang sells his family’s unique design of porcelain, so we do a lot of traveling, and moving. This wasn’t my plan, but things change. I met Wang when I was in a market just outside of Persia; I saw all these delicious booths selling pistachio nuts, dates, and saffron powder. I saw this beautiful porcelain bowl made by a Chinese man; I went over to it, where I met Wang.

From Persia we traveled together to Egypt, and took a route all the way to India! Indian markets are just filled with color, and their beliefs about Buddhism are quite extraordinary. We were fascinated on how in Buddhism; you don’t strive for anything, because that would be considered selfish. I’m very intrigued by this thought, and wonder how many other religions are out there in the world.

From India we went to Egypt, where I found some great glass bottles, and Wang made a fortune selling his porcelain. We are currently traveling back to on the Silk Roadheaded for Rome I have always admired the Romans for their elegancy, and cannot wait to see what they bring on the Silk Road. I know they are big on the Chinese silk, but I hope they also love Chinese art, like porcelain.  

                When we travel we run into a number of different people. There are those who look down upon me, and there are those who are just like us and we get along great. Usually these are the middle class people selling their families works. There is such a variety of people we see; it is hard to categorize them. Some people speak new languages, some people dress/look different from me, and some people even have a different currency than us! It’s a whole new world every morning when I wake up, from when I went to bed the night before. There is always someone selling something magnificent, and great. Just the other day I saw someone selling some great fabrics from India with gorgeous prints, with colors of orange, red, yellow, pink, every color! This road has opened my eyes to the world, and has given me so much more than I can give back.

                On my trip Wang and I got word of numerous stories from other nations, we heard that Cleopatra, the queen of Egypt, had died, which didn’t affect us directly, but we sure heard a lot about it. Everybody was talking about it, and what would come of Egypt. Also the Romans took over Sardinia and then enslaved some of the citizens! People were fleeing from there, so we often saw Sardinians

   come through the markets.

                The one thing bad about my trip, were my feet. Because I have binded feet, it was extremely hard for me to get off my horse, I would often crawl if I needed to go somewhere on my feet. After I met Wang though, things got easier, and he was able to help me.

                I have to go; we are setting up camp at this glorious path off of the southern route, near Arabia.

~Sincerely, Feiyan Lu

7 comments:

  1. I would travel with this person. They seem to have many great adventures on the silk road. This person would be fun to travel with because they have a great personality and seem to be open to change and ready to tackle something new every day. They also seem to fantasize about all the great things on the silk road and it would be fun to experience these things too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This person is open to new culture and must love to travel-perfect for the Silk Road. She seems very outgoing and ambitious, though it's too bad that her feet are bound and hurt a lot. She has definitely been to numerous places and would be fun to travel with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to travel with you. You seem like you have so much fun on all of your trips and excursions. I believe we would travel well together because you seem open to change and you cope well with dificulties. I hope we could travel together soon.

    Silk Road Travel
    Julia Ulrich Period 1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely love to travel with Feiyan Lu. She seems like such a pleasant and adventurous person. I admire her journeys along the Silk Road. She had the opportunity to see wonderful pieces of artwork, and magnificent architecture! However, I sympathize for her for having bound feet. That sounds very painful, but she doesn't seem to let it become an obstacle for her.

    Silk Road Travel
    Dana Hankin Period 1

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like your character and her husband were very good together and they would be fun to travel with. I don't think i could do any of these trips like this unless I'm with people who are fun and interesting. It seems like together they can overcome anything and have a great time doing it.

    traveling the silk road
    Charlie Brown
    Period 1

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would travel with this person. they seem to always have fun and look to the bright side of every aspects of her trips. she also seems like a fun person to be with and have a great personality and be optimistic. those are the 2 main reasons i think traveling with this person would be good.

    sam weeks
    period 1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have taken the same trip because it seems as though you had an adventurous journey, and enjoyed yourself. You met a man who had the same beliefs as you, and you were lucky to fall in love. I would love to have visited all of these places such as Persia and India. If I took a trip like this, I would want to go with somebody like you because you seem like an outgoing and fun person to be around.

    Aimee T
    Period 9

    ReplyDelete