January 30, 780
Wu Tsang
So far my journey across the Silk Road has been great. I have visited many places and have gotten most of my materials to start a new life with a family. Since this is my first time on the Silk Road, the experiences for me are all new and exciting. I have met many people and have learned a lot about my religion and the role of being a Buddhist.
Some countries and cities that I have visited so far are: Samarkand, Kashgar, Aksu, Turpan, and Dunhuang. They have all been amazing places to go to and full of resources for my family. I am traveling in the 780’s during the Tang dynasty. In this time, peasants and landowners are getting almost equal power. The Silk Road however is in danger. There are many soldiers fighting to keep it running. One soldier that I met was named Li Ho. I have seen many soldiers defending the Silk Road, such as Li Ho. The only problems that I have encountered are having trouble finding some resources and goods to build a house, but I’m sure I will find them somewhere else.
(Soldiers Defending the Silk Road)
Politically, when I was traveling I encountered bureaucracy. Also in that time, the Tang dynasty tried to create a more stable economy by evening out the power between social classes by giving land to peasants. This made it easier to trade because the peasants had more power and more things to trade. Religiously, when I was traveling as a Buddhist I learned a lot about other religions such as Neo-Confucianism. There were many new religions being transferred.

When I was traveling through East Asia I saw the Tibet border and people trying to expand power there. This brought peace to northwestern China. I witnessed civil service examination from earlier times to serve as the chief method of recruiting officials for the civilian bureaucracy.
I met a soldier that was fighting to protect the Silk Road named Li Ho. We interacted well because we both want to defend the Silk Road from being destroyed. The soldiers were wealthy and I was a wealthy merchant so we interacted well. Economically, People that have the same occupation as me make money by selling goods. The places I visited were moderately wealthy with some poor places too.
Although this trip has made me learn a lot about my religion, politics, art, technology, and so many other things, the journey had to end. I was able to find everything I needed by the end, so my family will have the best house and the best life. Hopefully I will be able to travel on the Silk Road again soon.
I would like to take the same trip as Wu Tsang for various reasons. One reason I would enjoy this trip is because Wu visited many countries and cities throughout this experience. Another reason I would like to take this trip is because Wu learned about politics, art, technology, the Buddhist religion, and much more. Wu Tsang's trip seemed very interesting to me.
ReplyDeleteSilk Road Response #4:
ReplyDeleteI would like to take this trip because the venture was a journey of self-awareness. Wu Tsang experienced many life changing events, like meeting the soldier Li Ho, in which he realized how much he cared about the survival of the Silk Road. I would like this kind of experience to happen to me if I took this journey. Wu Tsang chose the right trip for me!
By Charlie Mowery, World History Period 1
I would take this trip. one reason is that they visited many new interesting cities and countries along there travels. another is that they seemed to meet new people and learn alot about the culture of other countries along the path of the silk road
ReplyDeleteI would like to take this trip because it sounds very enlightening. I would like to meet all the people and learn about all of their culture. I think it would be very interesting to see the newly made border and see peace going throughout. The soldiers seem like they were very nice to the people like the Red Army was to the peasants.
ReplyDeleteI would like to take the same trip as Wu Tsang for various reasons. First off, I also want to defend the Silk Road from being destroyed so I would have enjoyed meeting Li Ho. I am also very interested in religions, and would loved to have learned about them the way Wu Tsang did. Aksu and Dunhuang are two places that I really want to visit, so that is another reason that I would have enjoyed this same trip.
ReplyDeleteAimee T
Period 9