Hi, I am Yhong He, I am 27 years old. It is the year 676 during a time of prosperity in Tang dynasty China, and I am going to be traveling the Silk Road from Chang’an to Dunhuang to trade silk and various spices. I’m just the average man of this time, I where a blue silk robe and a little green hat, which I can only afford because I trade it, I can’t wait to not only make money and a living for myself after my trip, but I am also very excited to see a different part of the world, even though it isn’t very far away. I am interested in what I haven’t seen. It’s going to be great, I am going to be able to tell all of my neighbors what Dunhuang is like, which is everyone in my apartment block. I have never been outside of Chang’an, my home city. If I am successful trading in Dunhuang, I might keep moving along the Silk Road to new destinations, but so far my planned trip is to Dunhuang for about two months and then to return home. But who knows, things can change. My camel Hong and I hope to have a blast trading and relaxing on this trip. Our caravan leaves in a week. The pictures are of myself and Hong.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Silk Road Response #2:
ReplyDeleteI think traveling with you could be hard, because you are one of the merchants on the silk road, rather than a traveler. You probably plan on trading all sorts of commodities like silk, perfume, exotic fruits...etc. Most of your intentions, and not to mention time, will be trying to make money. A part of you that I like is your adventurous side, a side everyone can appreciate. You are willing to make a detour from the road to see something interesting, but only if you get beck on track to make money as soon as possible, another problem. So, I am not sure we would be very good traveling partners.
By Charlie Mowery, World History Period 1
Silk Road response 1
ReplyDeleteI think traveling with you would be fun and exciting. Seeing first hand how the trading works, what is being traded, and how the lifestyle is for a merchant on the silk road would be a completely different experience from being a traveler. Being with a merchnat who had never seen the outside of his own small town would be a brand new life changing experience to see everyone outside of the bubble that he had been living in
Jessica Sutherland
Period 1
I think traveling with you would be fun and relaxing. Learning about trade and the life of a merchant would be quite interesting and unlike anything i've ever seen. I would be excited to see a different part of the world and learn about new ways and ideas. Relaxing and making money while traveling the silk road sounds fantastic and i would love to come along. I wish you the best with business and wish you and Hong luck! Safe travels.
ReplyDeleteMegan Danilek
9th Period
Silk Road Response 3
ReplyDeleteI think traveling with you would be a nice break from my daily life. You are only traveling for about two months. That is a good amount of time. It is not too long and not too short. I love to visit new places and experience new things. If I go with you I will have a new perspective of the world. I will be able to see how people around the world live, and what their culture is like. For these reasons, I would like to join you on your trip. ---David Tao